Friday 21 October 2016

Zack Orji's wife debuts in music


Like her son, Leo'nel who debuted in the Nigerian music scene few years ago, Zack Orji's wife, Ngozi is on the verge of creating her own unique style in the country's gospel music scene.
Ngozi, who is also an actress with over 20 movies to her credit, recently released two singles, “Chimnonso and N'ime Jehova” , saying “I am incomplete without gospel music.”
According to her, “ I have always been singing but professionally, my singing career actually dates back to about 20 years ago. I started as a chorister in the Full Gospel Businessmen’s fellowship, Word Base Assembly, and also in Power Line Bible Church where, at different times, I was either a worship leader or praise minister. I have also been a guest artiste in different churches on different occasions.”
Continuing, she said, “My career as a gospel artiste has also taken me to different countries. For example, I have travelled to the UK and Ghana among other countries, to minister as a gospel artiste. I just believe it's time for me to do a compilation of all the songs I have written and composed over the years, and bless the world with them; praise the Lord with these songs and express my gift on a larger scale by extending it to a wider audience.
Ngozi who studied Secretarial Studies at the Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu, and later read English at the University of Lagos, said, her inspiration comes from God, adding that “He is the giver of inspirations. The desire to praise and worship God for who He is in my life and what He has done for me also inspires me.”
Speaking further, Ngozi said her family equally inspires her songs. “Sometimes, I use songs as my own way of talking about my personal experiences in life, what I have gone through and what other people have gone through in their own lives. In addition, the need to use my songs to encourage other people to have faith and trust in God equally inspires me,”she added.
Ngozi traced her romance with music to the early 90’s, when she was a member of a music group called, The Rock Foundation. She said, music runs in her family, as her son, Lionel is also into music. “I feel blessed to have him; he is a very gifted young man with about five singles to his credit and three videos. I couldn’t have a better son.”

No comments:

Post a Comment